Numicon is an approach incorporating Communicating, Exploring Relationships and Generalising.
- Hands-on and learning through play
- Problem-solving and inquiry learning
- Based on the CPA Approach and the studies of Piaget, Vygotsky and Bruner
The key benefits of using Numicon:
1. Making Maths Real
2. Fulfils the NZ Curriculum and more
3. Consistent journey for the students through their schooling
4. Improved achievement for every student
5. Planning already done for the teachers
6. Assessment built in
7. Flexibility for any setting
8. Inclusive education proactice - every child included
9. Ongoing PD assistance, especially in a full year package.
Explore more following these links:
Webinar on Youtube. Following the CPA model as introduced by Bruner, researched by Haylock.
A whole school approach - Resources Information
Oxford Owl - online support
Numicon and other curriculums
Early Childhood - learning through play
Early childhood information
Early Childhood products
For specialist teachers
Intervention for older learners/Acceleration
For LSC's,SENCO's, Teachers and TA's working with students who have High Learning Needs
All information is of a general nature only and must not be taken as advice. Every attempt has been made to represent the products on this website and the information with integrity. Prices and products are subject to change.