Tony Wing - Numbers are abstract ideas
- Closing the Gap resource has now replaced with Breaking Barriers, but the video is valuable viewing
- Making Numbers Real
- First Steps at Home
- Numicon Firm Foundations
- Years 1 and 2, from an enthusiastic teacher. Find many more from teachers and parents all around the world on youtube.
- Interactive Whiteboard software
- Embedding the Numicon Approach
- It's more than just the shapes!
VIDEOS FROM OUP ON YOUTUBE CAN BE ACCESSED - Scroll down on that page to see Numicon content
Videos entitled, 'Resources used in Numicon' are found on the Oxford Owl website.
Click here to be directed to Oxford Owl. Join for free to access Numicon videos, planning files, as well as many other curriculum resources published by Oxford University Press. Select the section FOR SCHOOL. Thousands of extra resources are available through a purchased access code. Follow this link to purchase
Closing Gap has been republished as Breaking Barriers, with extended content.
First Steps at Home
We like using NUMICON- Years 1 and 2
For videos on Oxford University Press' website click here
Create a rich mathematical environment
Numbers are abstract ideas